Planning a wedding might be the most difficult task you will ever undertake but rest assured, the outcome will be nothing but magnificent! From the color scheme to the invitations to the food options served both as the main dish and the appetizers, every detail will be examined and re-examined one time over. Let’s face it; a wedding is definitely an expense and the last thing you will want is for your guests to forget the very day that you worked so hard to make memorable. Top shelf liquor might be out of your price range but that’s not the only thing that your guests can consume that will blow them away. To make your wedding memorable for both you and your guests, the answer lies within the food.
1. Surf and Turf: There are many ways to enjoy the delicious blend of seafood and steak but arguably the most elegant presentation of this dynamic duo is crabmeat stuffed filet mignon. Your wedding day is special and the guests that you invite will get to share one of the most special days of your life with you. Nothing says, “Thank you for joining us on our special day” like an extraordinary entrée, and one they will never forget.
2. Baked Salmon Fillet: Salmon has a flavor unique in and of itself. This flaky, moist fish has a mild and enjoyable flavor that will be filling but not overbearing for your guests who will spend the remainder of the night dancing and mingling with friends and family. The best part about this seafood option is its versatility. Whether you choose to serve baked, broiled or grilled salmon, this is an entrée that will set the bar high for weddings to follow.
3. Prime Rib with Béarnaise sauce: Béarnaise sauce is made with a combination of ingredients that will turn the basic prime rib, which is delicious served solo, into a classic entrée fitting to serve at your wedding reception. The buttery, rich taste of the sauce and aromatic blend of fresh spices will be a favorite.
4. Chicken Florentine: Chicken lovers, rejoice! For those who are impartial to red meat and seafood but are looking for something other than sides to fill them up for a long night, chicken Florentine provides a whole-hearty and delicious combination of veggies (spinach) and meat to subdue your cravings. Chicken Florentine can be serves with or without pasta.
5. Pasta Primavera: For a colorful dish full of your favorite vegetables blend into one, pasta primavera makes for a filling and delicious meal. Your wedding night should be seamless after the months and years of planning. It is both savvy and smart to offer pasta, especially for a sit-down meal. For guests who are particular about how their meat is cooked or for vegetarians in attendance, pasta may be the best option for them.
This guest post was written by Andrea, a freelance food writer from NYC who highlights the best that the city has to offer. As a native New Yorker, one of the best places to find fresh seafood is the New Fulton Fish Market in the Hunt’s Point section of the Bronx.